Blog2018-07-18T17:54:14-04:00
Press Releases
Studies / Reports
Media Inquiries / Spokespeople
BizVoice Magazine
Multimedia
Blog

Membership
Join Now!

FEATURED PRODUCTS

Health Care Savings
Employment Posters
Office Solutions

Turkey Run Named to Historic Places Register

If you grew up anywhere near west or west-central Indiana, chances are you’ve spent some time at Turkey Run State Park. I’m from one county over (shout out, Putnam County!) and we played tennis tournaments at the state park, hiked there during the summers with school or church youth groups, cooled off in Sugar Creek, explored amazing rock formations and just spent time enjoying our natural resources. There’s a soft spot in my heart [...]

The Great Bachelor’s Debate: Community College, University Leadership Divided

A new survey from Inside Higher Ed shows a divide along institutional lines over the question of whether two-year colleges should offer bachelor’s degrees. About half of the states currently enable those institutions to award the degrees. Perhaps unsurprisingly, community college and university presidents are deeply divided over the idea. Sixty-eight percent of presidents at public and private four-year institutions did not support the idea of offering bachelor’s degrees at two-year colleges. Seventy-five percent [...]

Tech Talk: Indiana Moving Toward Improved Economic Tools

Venture capitalists' wallets are tightening, according to a recent report by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). In the first quarter of 2019, venture capital (VC) funding fell 36% to $25 billion, with 4% fewer deals compared to the fourth quarter of 2018 – when $39 billion was invested in 1,328 deals. And while the 2018 dollars were impressive, the total number of seed-stage deals has been on a steady decline, decreasing 18% from 2017 and 22% from [...]

Purdue University’s Faculty Research on Display April 18

If you’ve wanted to know what some of the faculty at Purdue University have been researching in the recent past, you can get an up close and personal look – and talk with faculty about their research – during the annual Purdue University Research Center in Economics (PURCE) Economic Ideas Forum on April 18. Research topics include education, crime, poverty, discrimination in the labor market, the opioid crisis, the science of motivation and more. [...]

April 16th, 2019|Tags: , , , , , , |

Take a Deep Breath

Do you ever forget to breathe? Not long enough to cause physical harm to yourself, but when you’re rushing around and in the middle of a stressful day (or month…or year), it can be easy to forget to slow down. I’m not going to tell you to start meditating or go find a yoga class (you can do those things); however, the benefits of slowing down are vast and can positively impact your work. [...]

April 10th, 2019|