Indiana Chamber Foundation
The Indiana Chamber Foundation commissions practical policy research, initiates actions and seeks solutions that positively impact Indiana’s economic future and enhance the quality of life for all Hoosiers.
Most notably, it includes the Indiana Vision 2025 long-range economic development plan for the state, as well as its supporting report cards on how the state is progressing (released every two years as of 2013).
Other highlights from the Foundation include:
- the 2017 study on the impact school corporation size has on student achievement;
- a 2016 work share study that shows the benefits of this program for employees, employers and the state when the next economic downturn hits;
- a 2014 water study linking the resource to economic development and advocating the state take a more modern approach to ensure future supplies;
- ongoing school counseling research; and
- an annual employer survey on workforce needs and trends.
As you can see, education and workforce is a top priority; this brief video further explains what the Foundation and the Indiana Chamber organization as a whole are doing to help close the skills gap and get more jobs filled. We also encourage you to check out the many quality state programs and resources in this area.
Read the 2016 Progress Report for additional details about the Foundation’s goals, projects and those involved.
Thank you to our investors who make our research work possible, especially Lumina; the Joyce Foundation; NIPSCO, a NiSource Company; Lilly Endowment, Inc.; JPMorgan Chase & Co.; Vectren; Duke Energy; Garatoni Family Office; Indiana Michigan Power; Parkview Health; and Old National Bancorp.
For more information on the Indiana Chamber Foundation, contact executive director Marci Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 264-6893.