Studies / Reports
School corporation size has a direct impact on student achievement. And more than half of Indiana school corporations are too small to produce the most effective outcomes. Comprehensive analysis and modeling in this report reveals improved outcomes if school corporations contain between 2,000 and 2,999 students.
Indiana Vision 2025 is a comprehensive, multi-year initiative, coordinated by the Indiana Chamber, to provide direction, leadership and a long-range economic development strategy for the state of Indiana. It builds on past efforts, specifically the Indiana Chamber’s Economic Vision 2010 initiative. The goal: “Indiana will be a global leader in innovation and economic opportunity where enterprises and citizens prosper.”
While Indiana currently has abundant supplies compared to many areas of the country, the state ranks first in the United States in the percentage of its economy that depends on water. Proper management and a long-term plan are needed to ensure adequate fresh water for citizens and businesses in the future.
School counselors are not able to meet the range of postsecondary needs of students, due in large part to a stagnant system and a variety of situations often out of their control. What we have is a counseling issue, not an issue with the counselors. In fact, the vast majority of counselors in the survey said they would like to spend more time providing college and career guidance.
Archive of Key Research
- Right-to-Work and Indiana’s Economic Future (January 2011)
- Crossing the Starting Line: An Examination of Productivity at Indiana’s Public Colleges and Universities (October 2010)
- Aging Implications: A Wake-Up Call (prepared for the Indiana Chamber Foundation Workforce Wise project) (December 2009)
- Return on Investment Analysis of a Selected Set of Workforce System Programs in Indiana (December 2009)
- Recommended Policies and Practices for Advancing Indiana’s System of Adult Education and Workforce Training (January 2009)
- Indiana’s Adult Education and Workforce Performance Report (February 2008)
- Accelerating Growth in Indiana’s Mid-Market Companies (June 2008)
- Economic Vision 2010 (May 2007)
- Indiana’s High School Graduation Rate (September 2006)
- A Demand-Side Strategy to Meet Indiana’s Workforce Basic Skills Challenge (January 2005)
- Indiana Project for Efficient Local Government (February 2004)