(INDIANAPOLIS) — August will bring a multitude of training opportunities from the Indiana Chamber to enhance employees’ expertise and protect companies’ bottom line.
First up is the 2016 Indiana Tax Conference, one of the state’s largest, on August 11. Learn the latest in tax case law and legislation as highly-experienced speakers identify ways to help businesses stay in compliance and reduce tax liability.
Francina Dlouhy, partner at Faegre Baker Daniels, will share her perspective on a crucial issue during her keynote luncheon presentation – It Was a Bad Idea Then and It Still Is Now! What Combined Filing Would Mean for Indiana. Among other themes are multistate tax hot topics for 2016, Affordable Care Act reporting compliance and an Indiana Department of Revenue update.
BKD, LLP is the presenting sponsor. Gold sponsors are MCM CPAs & Advisors and McGuire Sponsel. The silver sponsor is DMA – DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.
Fuel business savings the following week by attending the 14th Annual Indiana Conference on Energy Management on August 17-18. Learn how to cut costs and maximize resources as energy experts from throughout the state share practical – and effective – compliance strategies.
The keynote presentations include:
- Congresswoman Susan Brooks – opening general session: August 17;
- Canadian Consul General Doug George – Energy Security and Supplies: the Canada-U.S. Relationship – general session: August 18; and
- Kyle Rogers, The American Gas Association, and The Edison Electric Institute representative (invited) – Outlook on Natural Gas and Electric – closing luncheon: August 18.
Additional highlights include panel discussions, customized training (choose from a variety of options) and an expo showcasing the products and services offered by businesses in the energy field. Explore topics such as distributed generation; reducing utility bills; using the government and tax code for energy efficiency; and energy bankruptcies.
The 14th Annual Conference on Energy Management will take place at the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis-Downtown Union Station.
Gold sponsors: EDF Energy Services; Ice Miller LLP; MacAllister Power Systems; and Vectren. Silver sponsors: Cummins, Geronimo Energy, Indiana Electric Cooperatives, NIPSCO and Telamon Corporation.
Rounding out the Indiana Chamber’s August offerings are:
- Advanced HR Management Seminar, August 11-12 at the Grand Wayne Center, Fort Wayne
- OSHA 10-Hour Course for General Industry, August 23-24 at the Indiana Chamber Conference Center
- OSHA 30-Hour Course for General Industry, August 23-26 at the Indiana Chamber Conference Center
Register for any of these conferences online at www.indianachamber.com/conferences or call (800) 824-6885.
Sponsorships are still available by contacting Jim Wagner at [email protected] or (317) 264-6876.
The Indiana Chamber partners with 25,000 members and investors – representing over four million Hoosiers – to achieve the mission of “cultivating a world-class environment which provides economic opportunity and prosperity.”