While COVID-19 impacts all, it makes training and business education as important as ever. The world continues to turn and while business doesn’t “go on as usual,” it must … go on.
The Indiana Chamber is committed to delivering educational and compliance training to employers and their team members. What is different? The format (many are going virtual), as well as the date in some instances.
“We’ll provide a number of virtual training/webinars between now and September 1 when our conference center is scheduled to open again,” remarks Kerri Begley, vice president of business education and events. “As businesses adapt to the uncertainties of the pandemic, we’re adjusting our offerings to accommodate them.”
Last week, the Chamber conducted its annual Human Resources Conference remotely – a first in the event’s 56-year history. More than 40 on-demand sessions from that conference remain accessible online until August 1.
Several webinars will take place in the coming months. First up is Anticipate, Adapt, Analyze: Crisis Communications Planning in the Era of COVID-19 on May 14. Stay tuned for more topics.
What events are switching from face-to-face to virtual?
- Supervising and Managing People in May (sold out) and August 12-13
- FMLA Seminar: June 23
- Employee Benefits Seminar: June 24
- Indiana Human Resources Seminar: Essentials for the HR Professional: July 16-17
- Indiana Wage and Hour Law Seminar: July 23
“The 26th Annual Employment Law Seminar on June 3 will be an interactive, virtual experience,” Begley notes. “It will feature a new agenda and a complete focus on COVID-19 and employment law issues.”
The following events have been rescheduled. Both in-person and virtual opportunities for participation will be available:
- Energy Management Conference: August 17 at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
- Best Places to Work in Indiana Awards Dinner: August 24. Celebrating workplace excellence in conjunction with the 2020 HR Indiana Conference (Indiana SHRM).
Learn more about upcoming events and programs by calling customer service at (800) 824-6885 or at www.indianachamber.com/conferences.