(INDIANAPOLIS) — Today, Indiana Department of Labor Commissioner Rick Ruble presented the Governor’s Workplace Safety Award to seven Hoosier companies. These companies were honored for their proactive efforts to eliminate and reduce worker exposure to occupational safety and health hazards.
The Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards Luncheon took place at the 2015 Indiana Safety and Health Conference and Expo at the Indiana Convention Center. The annual event is hosted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers in partnership with the Indiana Department of Labor.
“Employees deserve a safe and healthy work environment,” said Commissioner Ruble. “Today, I have been privileged to recognize seven Indiana companies and their employees for their efforts to safeguard our greatest resource—the Hoosier worker. These businesses have demonstrated what can be done when Hoosier ingenuity and hard work is put to good use,” Ruble added.
Indiana companies were recognized in the following categories: education and outreach, innovations and partnerships.
The 2015 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients are:
- Gribbins Insulation Co., Inc., Evansville—Innovations in Construction
- BMWC Constructors, Indianapolis—Partnerships in Construction
- My-te Products, Inc., Indianapolis—Innovations in General Industry for a Small-Sized Company
- Toyota Logistics Services, Princeton—Innovations in General Industry for a Medium-Sized Company
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc., Lafayette—Innovations in General Industry for a Large-Sized Company
- MacLellan Integrated Services, Princeton—Education and Outreach – Internal for a Medium-Sized Company
- Mead Johnson Nutrition, Evansville—Education and Outreach – Internal for a Large-sized Company
“The Indiana Chamber strongly believes that occupational safety is one of the most important factors to operating an efficient and profitable workplace,” said Indiana Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Kevin Brinegar. “We are pleased that these companies understand and embrace that a healthier workplace is a more productive workplace.”
The 2015 Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards are a result of a partnership among government, business and safety leaders including the Indiana Department of Labor, on behalf of the Governor, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers.
About the Indiana Department of Labor
The mission of the Indiana Department of Labor is to advance the safety, health and prosperity of Hoosiers in the workplace. In order to make significant strides, we emphasize both enforcement and compliance assistance by employers. www.in.gov/dol
The Indiana Chamber partners with 25,000 members and investors – representing over four million Hoosiers – to achieve the mission of “cultivating a world-class environment which provides economic opportunity and prosperity.”