Funds from a federal settlement to the U.S. Department of Justice for violations of the federal Clean Air Act are now available to certain Hoosier businesses. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) is acting as the trustee of Indiana’s portion of the settlement money – some $40.9 million.
Below is the broad list of project categories eligible for the funding:
- Class 8 local freight trucks and port drayage trucks
- Class 4-8 school buses, shuttle buses or transit buses
- Class 4-7 local freight trucks
- Pre-Tier 4 diesel switcher locomotives
- Repower or upgrade of eligible diesel-powered ferries and tugs
- Shorepower equipment for oceangoing vessels and vessels operating within the Great Lakes
- Repower of eligible diesel-powered airport ground support equipment
- Repower of eligible forklifts and port cargo handling equipment
- Light duty zero emission vehicle supply equipment
- Matching funds for DieselWise, Indiana’s EPA state allocation funding under the Diesel Emission Reduction Act
Interested companies can complete their project wish list near the bottom of this page.