Innovate Indiana (Indiana University)
Economic development is one of Indiana University’s top strategic priorities. In 2007, IU President Michael A. McRobbie established the Office of the Vice President for Engagement, which launched the Innovate Indiana initiative.
Innovate Indiana fosters economic growth and an improved quality of life for Hoosiers by engaging strategic partners to leverage and advance IU’s vast intellectual resources and expertise. Through entities such as the Indiana University Research and Technology Corp., the Innovate Indiana Fund, IU’s Council for Regional Engagement and Economic Development and others, Innovate Indiana:
- Invests in and coordinates IU’s economic development activities statewide
- Turns inventions and innovations of IU faculty, students and staff into new products, services and treatments
- Connects the business community in Indiana, the nation and the world to IU.
As IU nears its 200th birthday, Innovate Indiana also plays a vital role in the university’s Bicentennial Strategic Plan, which includes establishing a statewide culture of “building and making” toward a long-term climate of innovation and prosperity. To learn more about Innovate Indiana and its mission, please visit:
- The Innovate Indiana Blog
- Innovate Indiana on Twitter
- The Innovate Indiana web site
- The IURTC web site
- IU’s Office of the Vice President for Engagement
- The Johnson Center for Innovation and Translational Research
Bill W. Hornaday, Communications Specialist, Innovate Indiana