(INDIANAPOLIS) — Today, Commissioner Rick J. Ruble presented the Governor’s Workplace Safety Award to eight Hoosier companies. The companies were honored for their proactive efforts to eliminate and reduce worker exposure to occupational safety and health hazards.
The Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards Luncheon took place at the 2016 Indiana Safety and Health Conference and Expo at the Indiana Convention Center. The annual event is hosted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers in partnership with the Indiana Department of Labor.
“There is no greater achievement as a business or organization than ensuring all employees go home safely at the end of the workday,” said Commissioner Ruble. “Today, we honor eight Hoosier organizations that have been successful in doing just that through innovation, education and outreach and partnerships,” Ruble added.
Indiana companies were recognized in the following categories: Rising Star, Education and Outreach, Innovations and Partnerships.
The 2016 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients are:
- XL Industrial Services, Inc., LaPorte — Innovations for a Small-Sized Employer
- Gribbins Insulation Co., Inc., Evansville — Innovations for a Medium-Sized Employer
- Lilly Research Laboratories – Health, Safety, & Environmental, Indianapolis — Innovations for a Large-sized Employer
- Indianapolis Roofers Safety Group, Indianapolis — Partnerships
- Monsanto, Remington — Education and Outreach in General Industry
- Solid Platforms, Inc., Portage — Education and Outreach in Construction
- Kennedy Tank & Mfg. Company, Indianapolis — Rising Star in Construction
- City of Greenwood, Greenwood — Rising Star in General Industry
“The most rewarding benefit of workplace safety is protecting a company’s most important asset – its workers,” said Indiana Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Kevin Brinegar. “On top of that, a healthier workplace translates into more productive employees and a more profitable workplace.” The annual Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards are a result of a partnership among government, business and safety leaders including the Indiana Department of Labor, on behalf of the Governor, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers.
To learn more about the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards program, visit www.in.gov/dol/2381.htm. For more information about the 2016 Indiana Safety and Health Conference, visit www.insafetyconf.com.
About the Indiana Department of Labor
The mission of the Indiana Department of Labor is to advance the safety, health and prosperity of Hoosiers in the workplace. In order to make significant strides, we emphasize both enforcement and compliance assistance by employers. www.in.gov/dol
The Indiana Chamber partners with 25,000 members and investors – representing over four million Hoosiers – to achieve the mission of “cultivating a world-class environment which provides economic opportunity and prosperity.”