There is no more valuable asset to companies than their workforce.
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner annually with the Indiana Department of Labor, on behalf of Gov. Eric Holcomb, and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers for the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards.
This year’s honors were presented today during a luncheon at the 2020 Indiana Safety and Health Conference, held at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.
Indiana Department of Labor Commissioner Rick J. Ruble recognized nine Hoosier companies and eight individuals for exemplary workplace safety practices and advocacy.
The 2020 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients are:
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive in Lafayette (education and outreach category, internal)
- Schneider Electric in Huntington (education and outreach category, internal)
- Leaders Staffing LLC in Fort Wayne (education and outreach category, internal)
- Louis Dreyfus Company Agricultural Industries in Claypool (innovations category)
- Gribbins Insulation in Evansville (innovations category)
- Sustainable Sourcing LLC in Clinton (partnerships category)
- Indiana Packers Corporation in Delphi (rising star category)
- Meritor in Plainfield (rising star category)
- ORG CHEM Group in Troy (rising star category)
Additionally, the Everyday Safety Hero Award honors those Hoosiers who have championed workplace safety and health excellence in their respective workplaces.
Winners of the Everyday Safety Hero Award are:
- Clifford Lee, health and safety coordinator at AVPORTS Management LLC in Gary
- Bruce Edwards, facilities coordinator at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane
- Justin M. Loschen, production lead at Printpack in Bloomington
- Cheryl Burkhalter-Stoyke, health services manager at Indiana Packers Corporation in Delphi
- Chris Northington, operations manager at Indiana Packers Corporation in Frankfort
- C. Prater, operations manager at Indiana Packers Corporation in Delphi
- D. Reed, superintendent at Indiana Packers Corporation in Delphi
- Charles Khulenberg, assistant superintendent at Indiana Packers Corporation in Delphi
We celebrate all these organizations and leaders for not only recognizing that a safe workplace is paramount, but also going above and beyond to ensure that is their culture.