The Supervisor’s Handbook – 3rd Edition
Order one for each of your supervisors today!
Bulk discounts are available. Order 10 or more copies and receive a 30% discount off both member and list price!
What is it?
Supervisory employees play a critical role in any business. Without an understanding of the basic principles of supervision as well as the rules and regulations that govern this process, supervisory and managerial employees may expose a company to lowered staff morale, decreased output and income, and possibly even lawsuits, fines, penalties and damage awards. The Supervisor’s Handbook is designed to prevent this situation by explaining supervisors’ rights and responsibilities under state and federal law and answering a variety of questions related to employee issues.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the Indianapolis office of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP.
Who should have this book on your shelf?
- Benefits administration directors
- Business owners
- CEOs and CFOs
- Employee relations specialists
- Human resource professionals
- Local libraries
What’s new in this edition:
- Sexual orientation/gender identity in the workplace
- Changes in union-related issues.
What topics are covered?
This guide is designed to answer all questions employers may have with regard to:
- Proper documentation of employee information and supervisory actions
- Record retention tips
- Interviewing and onboarding process
- Accommodations in the workplace
- Disciplining and discharging employees
- Addressing suspected drug and/or alcohol use
- Addressing suspected property theft
- Requests for time off/leaves of absence
- Reasonably accommodating an employee’s religion or disability
- Wage and hour rules and regulations
- Preparing performance evaluations
- Workplace harassment: responsibility as a supervisor
- Preventing and dealing with workplace violence
- Tip and tools for working with unions