Performance Appraisal Handbook for Indiana Employers – 2nd Edition
What is it?
No matter what type of business you are in, having a performance appraisal system is a good idea. Even if you have only one employee, formally reviewing your staff on a regular basis could keep you out of court. With an appraisal system in place, you will:
- have written records of your employees’ performance;
- get more productivity from workers through goal setting; and
- have an objective means of determining compensation.
This guide covers creating an appraisal, improving performance, the manager’s role, avoiding legal pitfalls, improving morale and much more.
How many pages is it?
Over 90 pages of checklists, sample forms and easy-to-read text that includes everything employers need to know about creating and using a performance appraisal system.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the Indianapolis-based law firm of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP.
Who should order this product?
- Benefits directors
- Employee relations specialists
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Management consultants
- Personnel managers
- Small business owners
- Office managers
- Anyone interested in creating an effective appraisal system!
What topics are covered?
- Developing a performance appraisal
- Preparing for the appraisal
- Guidelines for evaluating an employee’s performance
- Conducting the appraisal meeting
- Determining the employee’s goals and objectives
- Outcomes of the appraisal process
- Avoiding legal pitfalls