FMLA Guide – 3rd Edition
What is it?
This comprehensive guide is designed to help employers understand their rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
How many pages is it?
This guide contains approximately 200 pages of easy-to-read text, including quizzes, checklists and sample forms.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the Indiana-based law firm of Ogletree Deakins.
What’s new in the third edition?
- New definitions applicable to current service members and covered veterans
- New requirements applicable to certification of military caregiver leave
- Demystifies the most troublesome areas of interplay between the FMLA, the ADA and state workers’ compensation laws
- Provides summary charts to guide professionals
- Includes bonus section exploring how GINA’s introduction transforms the Bermuda Triangle into a “Four-Headed Hydra”
What topics are covered?
This guide is designed to answer all questions employers may have with regard to the FMLA. It includes:
- Discussion and application of the Department of Labor’s new FMLA regulations
- What qualifies as a leave of absence under the FMLA
- What obligation employers have concerning family military leave
- Dealing with intermittent leave
- Proper notice under the FMLA
- The steps employers must take to prevent discrimination issues when offering employees
- FMLA leave
- When employers are and are not required to restore an employee
- And much more!
Who should order this product?
- Benefits administration directors
- Business owners
- CEOs and CFOs
- Employee relations specialists
- Human resource professionals
- Personnel managers
What is the ISBN?
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
For more information on the law firm of Ogletree Deakins, go to http://www.ogletreedeakins.com.