The Immigration Guide for Indiana Employers – 6th Edition
What is it?
An understandable, comprehensive manual that outlines employers’ legal rights and responsibilities when hiring and managing foreign employees. This guide includes detailed discussion of the different visa options available to foreign employees and the qualifications and procedures for obtaining each type of visa.
Employers are facing unprecedented levels of scrutiny in all aspects of immigration law under the Trump administration. President Trump has issued many executive orders that have significant impact on immigration law, including travel bans, extreme vetting at U.S. consulates, proposed changes to the H-1B visa requirements, and “Buy American, Hire American” policies.
In addition, USCIS has issues new policies that greatly impact H-1B visa applications. These policies include:
- Guidance on computer programmers
- Use of level 1 wage on LCA’s
- New standards for “specialty occupations”
- elimination of deference to prior approved petitions
- Introduction of Notices to Appear for removal proceedings upon the denial of an H-1B petition
- New policy providing USCIS with the authority to issue denials without prior requests for evidence
All of these topics and more are addressed in this new edition of the guide!
Who wrote it?
The law firm of Ogletree Deakins.
Who should order this product?
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Immigration attorneys
- Personnel managers
- Small business owners
- Social workers
- Workforce development officials
- Anyone interested in being in compliance!
What are some of the topics covered?
- Non-immigrant work visa options and procedures
- Green Card processes
- Legal rights and responsibilities in employing foreign employees
- I-9 issues
- E-Verify rules and obligations of certain Indiana employers