Active Threats in the Workplace
August 4 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
This program was originally scheduled for April 28. All registrations for the original date have been applied to this new August session.
Workplace violence is a powerful issue that no employer wants to face, but must be prepared to handle. Ensure your organization is prepared with information and strategies for identifying, addressing and preventing active threats in the workplace.
This course will help you by covering the following:
- Preparedness activities for your business
- Prevention techniques to keep your business safe and secure
- Indicators that may predict threat behavior
- De-escalation techniques for business owners
- Workplace violence warning signs
- Response to an active threat
- Run hide fight
- Situational awareness
- Mental state of mind
- A checklist for attendees to use in their own organization
Indiana Chamber member: $399
List price: $499
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s top priority is the safety of its employees, members, investors and other partners/guests. We continue to monitor the impacts of the coronavirus, using the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Indiana State Department of Health in regard to any potential changes in workplace procedures or events/programs. There is a large volume of information being circulated about the coronavirus from a wide variety of sources. We encourage all organizations to use the guidance from these government agencies as the trusted resource for individual business decisions.
Send two or more and receive a 20% discount. Use promo code GROUP20 at checkout and save.
- This seminar has been approved for 4.75 HRCI recertification credits
- This seminar has been approved for 4.75 SHRM PDCs
- This workshop awards 1 credit toward your Human Resources Compliance Specialist Certificate. Not enrolled? Click here to learn more!
Reserve your hotel room at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis online or at (317) 632-1234. The Hyatt is conveniently located in the same building as the Indiana Chamber Conference Center. To receive the discounted room rate over the phone, please request corporate acct ID #55737. Subject to availability.
All cancellations must be received in writing. A $25 administrative fee per person will be charged for all cancellations prior to two weeks out from conference date. Cancellations received within two weeks of the conference date are non-refundable and will be issued a credit certificate, less a $50 cancellation fee. Credits can be used toward any future Indiana Chamber conference for up to one year. Credit is fully transferable. Substitutions are welcome at any time, but requested in advance of the event.