Technology and Innovation
The Indiana Chamber has been active in a wide variety of public policy issues throughout its history. The expansion of economic development tax credits (including the Venture Capital Tax Credit) and moving the state to Daylight Saving Time are examples of prior work that particularly benefited technology and innovation companies.
In late 2016, the Chamber renewed its efforts with development of a tech policy committee. It will continue that work both at the Indiana Statehouse and through its communications outreach.
- 2018 policy victories (from Final Legislative Report)
- 2019 Legislative Business Issues
- 2018: Why tech priorities are so important to state’s economy
- BizVoice magazine, including tech/innovation/entrepreneurship stories in each 2017 issue; yearlong series following the growth and development of Recovery Force
- EchoChamber podcast, including Rich Carlton, Data Realty, David Becker, First Internet Bank; Chris Byers, Formstack; Larry Gigerich, Ginovus; Scott Jones, Eleven Fifty Academy; and more
- November 2018 (NEW): Institute for Workforce Excellence