Safety and Health Guide – 7th Edition
What is it?
A comprehensive guide demonstrating how Indiana employers can create a proactive environment of safety and involve every employee in the process. The guide includes several appendices which include checklists, flow charts and other useful reference documents.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the Indiana-based law firm of Ice Miller LLP.
Who should order this product?
- Compliance coordinators
- EHS professionals
- Facility managers
- Loss control/risk managers
- Maintenance supervisors
- Personnel and HR managers
- Safety directors
- Safety committee members
- Safety engineers
What topics are covered?
- Assessing hazards
- An overview of Indiana OSHA
- Handling inspections
- Implementing a safety program
- Recommended protective measures
- Record-keeping and reporting requirements and forms
- Training employees
- Violence prevention program
- Workplace violence
What topics were updated in the new edition?
- New and important OSHA/IOSHA guidance
- Burdens of proof and evidence needed to establish violations
- Materials on inspections
- Penalties and litigating safety orders
- Factors used in determining employee/contractor status
- New guidance for natural disasters
- Prohibitions on work performed by child/teen workers
- Home-based and home health care worksites
- Personal protective equipment
- Airborne hazards
- Refusals to perform work and a variety of other information
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
For more information on the law firm of Ice Miller LLP, go to: http://www.icemiller.com.