Indiana Guide to Hiring and Firing – 6th Edition
What is it?
A clearly written manual that outlines employers’ legal responsibilities during the employment process, from interviewing to termination of employment.
When was this guide published?
Who wrote it?
Attorneys from the law firm of Barnes & Thornburg (Indianapolis).
What’s new in the sixth edition?
- Indiana’s second chance law prohibiting discrimination against persons because of a conviction or arrest that is expunged or sealed
- Ban the Box ordinances and limitations on inquiring about criminal histories in applications
- FMLA terms concerning qualifying exigency leave for military family members
- Limitations on restricting employee access to social media and making comments about employment conditions based on recent NLRB decisions
- Expansion of the ADA to encompass pregnancy related disabilities
- Limitations on at-will disclaimers imposed by the NLRB
- Revisions to the interpretation of discrimination statutes concerning gender identity and sexual orientation
Who should order this guide?
- Benefits directors
- Employee relations specialists
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Management consultants
- Personnel managers
- Small business owners
- Office managers
- Anyone interested in being in compliance!
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
For more information on the law firm of Barnes & Thornburg , go to http://www.btlaw.com.