The Immigration Guide for Indiana Employers – 5th Edition
What is it?
An understandable, comprehensive manual that outlines employers’ legal rights and responsibilities when hiring and managing foreign employees. This guide includes detailed discussion of the different visa options available to foreign employees and the qualifications and procedures for obtaining each type of visa.
Who wrote it?
Jay Ruby of the law firm of Ogletree Deakins.
Who should order this product?
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Immigration attorneys
- Personnel managers
- Small business owners
- Social workers
- Workforce development officials
- Anyone interested in being in compliance!
What’s new in this edition?
- Updates to temporary work visa sections: H-1B professionals and L-1 intracompany transfers
- Updates to Form I-9 completion and compliance
- Information about President Obama’s pending executive order on immigration and what it means for employers
- Indiana-specific E-Verify requirements for certain employers
- Handling site visits from the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services Fraud Detection Unit
- Abridged and easier to read text
What are some of the topics covered?
- Non-immigrant work visa options and procedures
- Green Card processes
- Legal rights and responsibilities in employing foreign employees
- I-9 issues
- E-Verify rules and obligations of certain Indiana employers
- When was this guide last updated?
- The fifth edition was published in March 2015.