Indiana Guide to Labor Relations - Third Edition
|Ask a question||Add to Cart|
What is it?
A comprehensive overview of how employers can deal effectively with all varieties of union issues in the workplace.
How many pages is it?
Nearly 100 pages of easy-to-read and easy-to-understand legal advice and recommendations.
Who wrote it?
The law firm of Barnes & Thornburg (Indianapolis).
What's new in the third edition?
- The NLRB’s "ambush" election rules
- New joint-employer rules affecting companies with contingent workforces
- Employee access to company email for union-related purposes
- The board’s continued focus on employer handbook policies
- Updates on micro-bargaining units
- The board’s expansion of "protected activity"
Who should order this product?
- Business directors
- Employee relations specialists
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Labor relations managers
- Management consultants
- Personnel managers
- Small business owners
- Anyone interested in dealing effectively with union issues in the workplace!
What topics are covered?
- Bargaining techniques
- Consequences of unfair labor practices
- Contract administration
- Decertification and deauthorization proceedings
- Dos and don’ts for management during union representational campaigns
- Effective employer/employee communication
- How the NLRA applies to your company
- Methods of union organization
- Tips to remaining union-free
- Union strikes – prevention and management
- WARN Act information
When was it published?
The third edition was published in August 2017.
What is the ISBN number?
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
For more information on the law firm of Barnes & Thornburg, visit http://www.btlaw.com.
IF YOUR COMPANY IS TAX EXEMPT, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.