The Supervisor’s Handbook - 2nd Edition
|Ask a question||Add to Cart|
What is it?
Supervisory employees play a critical role in any business. Without an understanding of the basic principles of supervision as well as the rules and regulations that govern this process, supervisory and managerial employees may expose a company to lowered staff morale, decreased output and income, and possibly even lawsuits, fines, penalties and damage awards. The Supervisor’s Handbook is designed to prevent this situation by explaining supervisors’ rights and responsibilities under state and federal law and answering a variety of questions related to employee issues.
How many pages is it?
This guide contains easy-to-read text, including checklists, charts and sample forms.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the Indianapolis office of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP.
Who should order this product?
- Benefits administration directors
- Business owners
- CEOs and CFOs
- Employee relations specialists
- Human resource professionals
- Anyone interested in being in compliance!
Here's a brief list of what's new in this edition:
- Practical tips for documenting disciplinary and other actions, implementing investigations and administering drug and alcohol policies
- Significantly revised sections on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reflecting both the ADA Amendments Act and case law developments
- A new “reasonable accommodations” checklist
- An updated FMLA chapter incorporating the various rounds of statutory and regulatory updates since the prior edition
- A completely revamped section on Indiana’s unemployment law and the procedure for protesting/responding to former employees’ claims for benefits
What topics are covered?
This guide is designed to answer all questions employers may have with regard to:
- Proper documentation of employee information and supervisory actions
- Disciplining and discharging employees
- Addressing suspected drug and/or alcohol use
- Addressing suspected property theft
- Requests for time off/leaves of absence
- Reasonably accommodating an employee’s religion or disability
- Wage and hour rules and regulations
- Preparing performance evaluations
- Preventing and dealing with workplace violence
- Dealing with union activity
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
IF YOUR COMPANY IS TAX EXEMPT, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.